- Carriage Tours by appointment only. $15/head. We give riders the reigns driving a team of quarterhorses, a unique experience for ages 3-100. Takes about 2 1/2 hours.
- Swimming (No lifeguard on duty) on a 7 acre m/l y-shaped lake. All swimming activities are swim at your on risk. No swimming in sewage lagoons.
- 2 floating docks
- Air mattress or inner tube floating
- Informative nature hikes: Beaver, Muskrat, Flying squirrel viewing.
- Fishing-Additional fees and restrictions
See rules, regulations and packages. This is approaching state records. All fish over 3 lbs. must be released back ASAP.
- Boating- 15 Boats- Can be placed on a clear spring fed lake near movable dock. We will place more boats on swimming lake for safety or large group. No gas motors allowed. These are clean uncrowded lakes. Most of the time boaters have an entire lake to themselves.
- Hay rides – over 4 1/2 miles of road systems, and many miles of wide wooded trails
- Horse trail riding & Pastures
(No Horses Provided)
- Animal viewing
Most Common: Deer, Turkey, Beaver, Geese, Ducks, Large Turtles.
Less common: Eagles, Minks, Coyotes
- Arrowhead Hunting
- A Band can be scheduled with enough advanced notice. (Prices for Band and Catering are negotiable-or plan your own)
- School Picnics- Church Groups, Company Retreats Weddings and Graduation Parties
- High-school and College reunions, Graduation Parties
- Weddings, Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties
- The “Murphy Marry-Not” is an ideal place for Bachelor / Bachelorette parties. Neighbors to the south and east are two miles away. Guest can park their cars, avoid DWI’S and not have to live with sad memories due to drinking and driving.
- Enormous Bon Fires can be built by a lake for parties in advance. The magnified reflection enhances a Saturday evening event.
- Exceptionally Successful and low priced Hunting Packages are available (Seasonal)
- ATV riding with restrictions on marked trails. Must stay off out of CRP ground and crop fields. Trailheads are labeled for hiking or riding. A labeled aerial is supplied to all guests.
- Primitive Wilderness Camping (tenting) is permitted on certain areas at certain times.
- An almost seven acre peninsula (has a 20 yard land bridge to connect the island) Goat Island can be rented entirely by a group for privacy. The Island is surrounded by approximately 12 acres of scenic lake built in 1905. It has a picnic shelter and outhouse with extremely limited parking.
- Three unique building are available to rent for groups. They vary in size and accommodations. The “Higbee Hill-Ten”, the “Murphy Marry-Not” and the “Honeymoon Hayloft” provide unique private scenic views.
- “Dances With Wolves” Dance Hall/Dining Hall has 1500 sq. ft. floor space and can be reserved by bands or groups for catered parties. No restaurant on premises. This hall was formerly a hayloft with 22ft tall vaulted ceilings in a 5500 sq. ft. dairy barn. The downstairs is a recreation center with free for guests pool, ping pong, foosball, and darts. There is exercise equipment area and two bathrooms.
Murphy Lakes welcomes a wide spectrum of groups, from scouts looking for nature projects, church and youth groups for private religious retreats, to pagans and nudists desiring extreme serenity and freedom. Therefore to protect the privacy of our guests we cannot allow unannounced drop-ins. These will be considered tresspassing.
All activities MUST be reserved by check or cash-NO CHARGE CARDS- a minimum of 5 days before any activity.