- Swimming (No lifeguard on duty) on a 7 acre m/l y-shaped lake. All swimming activities are swim at your on risk.
- 2 floating ferries
- Air mattress or inner tube floating
- Informative nature hikes: Beaver, Muskrat, Flying squirrel viewing.
- Fishing-Additional fees and restrictions
See rules, regulations and packages. This is approaching state records. All fish over 3 lbs. must be released back ASAP.
- Boating- Boats can be placed on a clear spring-fed lake near mobile dock. We will place more boats on swimming lake for safety or large group. Paddleboats, canoes, V/Kiel-bottom, Bass, and John boats available. Trolling motor and battery not supplied. No gas motors allowed. These are clean uncrowded lakes. Most of the time boaters have an entire lake to themselves.
- Hay rides/Truck & Carriage ride – over 4 1/2 miles of road systems, and many miles of wide, wooded trails
- Horse trail riding & Pastures
(No Horses Provided)
- Animal viewing
Most Common: Deer, Turkey, Beaver, Geese, Ducks, Large Turtles.
Less common: Eagles, Minks, Coyotes, Bob Cats
- Arrowhead Hunting
- A Band or DJ with light show can be scheduled with enough advanced notice. (Prices for Band, or DJ are negotiable-or plan your own)
- School Picnics- Church Groups, Company Retreats Weddings and Graduation Parties
- High-school and College reunions, Graduation Parties
- Weddings, Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties
- The (Red) House is an ideal place for Bachelor / Bachelorette parties. Neighbors to the south and east are two miles away. Guest can park their cars, avoid DWI’S and not have to live with sad memories due to drinking and driving.
- Enormous Bon Fires can be built by a lake for parties in advance. The magnified reflection enhances an evening event.
- Primitive Wilderness Camping (tenting) is permitted on certain areas at certain times.
- An almost seven acre peninsula (has a 20 yard land bridge to connect the island) Goat Island can be rented entirely by a group for privacy. The Island is surrounded by approximately 12 acres of scenic lake built in 1905. It has a picnic shelter and outhouse with extremely limited parking.
- Two unique building are available to rent for groups. They vary in size and accommodations. The (Red) House and Wedding Barn provide unique private scenic views.
- “Dances With Wolves” Dance Hall/Dining Hall has 1500 sq. ft. floor space and can be reserved by bands or groups for catered parties. No restaurant on premises. This hall was formerly a hayloft with 22ft tall vaulted ceilings in a 5500 sq. ft. dairy barn. The downstairs is a recreation center with free for guests pool, ping pong, and foosball.
Murphy Lakes welcomes a wide spectrum of groups, from scouts looking for nature projects, church and youth groups for private religious retreats, to pagans and nudists desiring extreme serenity and freedom. Therefore to protect the privacy of our guests we cannot allow unannounced drop-ins. These will be considered tresspassing.
All activities MUST be reserved by check or cash-NO CHARGE CARDS- a minimum of 5 days before any activity.